Thursday, March 28, 2013

Down on Grandpa's Farm

The temperatures finally warmed up on Thursday of Spring Break to take the boys to see the baby cows. 

Jaden loved the adventure!! He could have spent all day playing with the calves and splashing in the melting snow puddles. Evan on the other hand, was afraid of the cows. He screamed and held on tightly to Grandpa. 













We did all enjoy sledding---lazy sledding= being pulled by the 4-wheeler! 

Back inside the boys got to 'play farm' with Grandpa's barn and tractor. 

The boys got to spend time with Great-Aunt Bondell and Great-Uncle Chuck. They loved their Easter Baskets!




Last time we visited the boys were afraid of the tunnel---this time they loved crawling through it and would crawling over each other in it and roll side to side- never a dull moment!







For the first time in their 18-month-history with me as their mother.......I lost one of them. As someone told me: It won't be the last time. 
Of all the places to lose a 1-year-old, I picked the church. Not a bad pick! In between the services we ate supper in the fellowship hall, and the boys did very well eating and then went and said 'hi' to all the other kids. I was talking with a friend and had Jaden around me, when she asked about Evan, we noticed he was not around.....I thought G & G Raeder were watching him. He had ventured back into the sanctuary and was dancing in the back pew to the worship band! A little moment of worry for me as I looked around for him, but others had been keeping an eye on him knowing who he belonged to. I apparently will need to find another set of eyes, legs, and arms to keep these boys in check this summer!!




No comments:

Post a Comment